- This event has passed.
2019 Chapter Retreat
July 15 @ 2:00 pm - July 16 @ 3:00 pm EDT
PCMA PHL Chapter Retreat – Why Me Time Matters
Monday, July 15
2:00pm – 4:00pm Community Service Activity – In conjunction with AtlantiCare Cancer Care Institute and Gilda’s Club South Jersey, we will be making superhero capes for children touched by cancer. No sewing or creative skills are required. If you cannot attend this event and would like to help, please consider making a donation to Gilda’s Club by clicking here.
6:00pm – 8:00pm Reception at Bally’s Beach Bar
Tuesday, July 16
7:30am – 8:30am Breakfast
8:30am – 8:45am Opening Remarks
8:45am – 9:45am Committee Blitz
9:45am – 10:00am Break
10:00am – 11:10am Be Stress Free with this One Simple Rule with PCMA Best in Class Speaker, Angela Gaffney
Angela Gaffney is no stranger to overcoming adversity; after overcoming a disease she was told would take her life, she’s helped thousands achieve health as they excel in business. Be inspired as you learn how to take back your life and realign your methods of managing stressful environments. In this session, you will be challenged to explore how a simple, everyday influence can shift your perspective towards becoming a healthier, happier professional.
- Measure your stress levels at work, home and during travel
- Learn how to nourish the body for increased energy and productivity
- Understand how the power of words can play a pivotal role in your professional life
- Explore three simple practices that stops stress in its tracks
- Create healthy boundaries for increased focus, prioritization and balance in life
- Discover the one simple rule for stress-free living
CMP Domain E: Human Resources
11:10am – 11:25am Break
11:25am – 11:40am Energy Connector
11:40am – 12:15pm How to Effectively Manage Up
As an employee, you have the responsibility to manage your own duties and responsibilities. Part of that management is also being able to help manage your manager, or effectively “managing up”. This could include a combination of being able to anticipate and understand the needs of your boss, how you should approach your supervisor should there be any challenges or disagreements, and how to be a genuine source of help to your manager. This will lead to you not only being a good employee, but an effective employee who delivers value to your boss, and ultimately your organization.
This panel will help you understand why you need to manage up, recognize situations where you will need to manage up, and give you techniques you can use to implement this in your daily work life.
- Recognize the reasons why you may need to manage up
- Explain what techniques you may use to manage up and how to apply them
- Describe how you can anticipate the needs of your boss, and how you should approach them should there be any disagreements
CMP Domain E: Human Resources
12:15pm – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 2:00pm Part 2: Be Stress Free with this One Simple Rule
2:00pm-2:15pm Wrap Up
- Membership to the PCMA Greater Philadelphia Chapter is required in order to attend this event. To join PCMA or add the Philadelphia Chapter to your membership ($30 fee), please contact PCMA HQ at 1 877.827.7262.
- Prepayment is required for all attendees.
- Planner members can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if financial assistance is needed in order to attend.
- This program has been submitted to the Events Industry Council for CMP Preferred Provider review.
- The dress code for all of the retreat events is summer, casual attire.
- Registration closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday, July 9th. After that, only onsite registration will be offered and rates increase by $10.00.
- Click here to see who’s attending.
To register for the Chapter Retreat, please click here. To make your hotel reservation, please follow the instructions below:
Bally’s Atlantic City Hotel Information
Planners will receive complimentary rooms. However, a credit card will be required to hold the reservation, and the $149/night rate will be adjusted to zero before the retreat. Room, tax/fees and the resort fee, which includes parking and Wi-Fi in the room, will be waived by the time planners check into the hotel. In addition, Caesars Entertainment is offering all planner members a complimentary Diamond Card. The Diamond Card gives you access to all of their Diamond Lounges, free parking, discounts in restaurants, and a special line for check in. After making your hotel reservation, please send an email to Erica Keagy, PCMA PHL Administrator, with your name, address, email address, and full date of birth to email@example.com. If you already have a card and it has expired, please send the account number to Erica.
Suppliers will receive a discounted rate of $149.00 per room, plus 14% tax and $5.00 state and local fees. The resort fee will also be comped for suppliers.
Valet parking will be comped for all attendees.
It is easiest and recommended to make your reservation online. If you prefer to make a reservation by phone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
CUT-OFF DATE: Friday, June 21 is the cut-off date.
The Spa at Caesars (adjacent to Bally’s) is offering members a discount. Click here for more details.
Thank you to our 2019 Chapter Retreat Sponsors!