- This event has passed.
September 8, 2022 @ 1:00 pm– 7:00 pm EDT
Please join us for Education Day on Thursday, September 8, 2022, 1:00-6:00 PM at Live! Casino Hotel Philadelphia.
According to a recent survey of our audience, the future of work and re-imagining the audience journey were the most interesting topics. As such, we’ve planned this year’s Education Day event around these topics. Attendees at this year’s event will hear from seasoned experts about the challenges of planning and the potential in holding in-person events in this environment, and they will have the opportunity to dialogue with their peers about possible short-term and long-term solutions.
- Discuss the future of work and its impact on events, suppliers, and planners
- Consider what attendees want from in-person events post-COVID and learn how to re-imagine the audience journey
- Brainstorm solutions to current challenges and network with colleagues
1:00-2:00 PM: Registration
2:00-2:15 PM: Welcome
2:15-3:15 PM: General Session: Meg Fasy, Founder, FazeFWD & eventsGIG; PCMA Best in Class Speaker: The Future of Work–Shift Happens
3:15-3:30 PM: Break
3:30-4:30 PM: Breakout Sessions
4:30-5:00 PM: Wrap-up
5:00-7:00 PM: Reception
- The Future of Work is top of mind for all leaders – from the “Great Resignation” to the gig economy, these dynamic shifts are challenging all businesses. Your workforce, how and where people work, and skills you need to address the evolving event formats is critical to succeed. A talent strategy that is based on skills and finding new ways to source talent is pivotal to staying agile and adapting to whatever the future brings. It’s not just about getting through your next program but determining what is needed to reimagine what is possible and deliver compelling experiences.
•Optimize your talent strategy to drive innovation •Identifying gaps for your future state •Leveraging gig economy talent options to build the right team
- Breakout 1: The Future of Work Follow-Up Conversation: This session will provide a deeper dive into the future of work as it applies to the business events industry. Speakers will discuss current challenges in all industries and potential short-term and long-term solutions. Speakers include Maria Grasso, Senior Vice President, Convention Division, PHLCVB, Meg Fasy, Founder, FazeFWD & eventsGIG, and Ben Fileccia, Senior Director of Operations, Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association.
- Breakout 2: Re-Imagining the Audience Journey: Planning events in the post-pandemic era has forced event professionals to think more about what their audiences want out of in-person events, what’s feasible given ongoing challenges regarding budgets, COVID, hybrid, etc., and how to re-imagine in-person events to both incentivize in-person participation and enhance the education/networking/business transactions that take place at these events. Speakers include Danielle Cleary, Sourcing Manager, JR Global Events, Sharon DeFelices, CMP, owner of Mosaic Meetings and Events, and Kyle Morris, Vice President Business Development, NMR Events.
- Click here to learn more about our speakers.
A Message from the PCMA PHL Community Service Committee: At Education Day, we will be hosting a school supply donation drive for the Tanner G. Duckrey School, 1501 Diamond St., Philadelphia School District. Located in North Philadelphia, this school is challenged with less-than-ideal conditions, a lack of supplies, and various hardships for the children, families, and teachers. Despite the challenges, nearly 510 diverse students benefit from education that helps them get into some of the best high schools in the city. They will accept basic school supplies that can be purchased at any store, or gift cards to stores likes Staples, Target, Amazon, or CVS. Please help support the students and faculty at this school by bringing donations to Education Day. Thank you!
Please note: All attendees will be required to show proof of a negative Covid test taken on Thursday, September 8, 2022. Attendees will be required to show a photo of their negative test upon check-in to the event. This test can be an at-home test or rapid test. Free at-home tests are available at https://www.covid.gov/tests. Registration refunds will be provided if you test positive. A limited number of at-home tests will be available at registration if you forget. Safety requirements may be adjusted to the current requirements in the City of Philadelphia and at Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia as the event date approaches.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS AND HOST!
PCMA Best in Class Speaker Sponsor