- This event has passed.
PCMA Greater Philadelphia Education Day
September 10, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Please join us for our annual Education Day event!
Agenda for Thursday, September 10, 2020
1:00pm – 1:15pm | Opening Remarks
1:15pm – 2:40pm | Session One: Virtual Meetings: Lessons Learned from Executing Virtual Meetings During a Pandemic
2:40pm-2:50pm | Break
2:50pm – 4:10pm | Session Two: Future Considerations for Meetings in 2021 and Beyond
4:10pm – 5:00pm | Social Hour
Session One: Virtual Meetings: Lessons Learned from Executing Virtual Meetings During a Pandemic
For many of us, March 2020 brought about a fundamental shift in how we delivered our meetings, from live, face-to-face to virtual nearly overnight. Now that the dust has settled from that monumental change, what have we learned from our experience and how can we use those lessons to inform how we move forward with meetings in the future? Hear from three presenters who have executed a virtual meeting and how they addressed external communications, virtual platform selection, and designed the virtual experience for their speakers and attendees.
• Review possible marketing and communication plans around virtual meetings.
• Explain the virtual platform selection process.
• Learn how to design a virtual meeting experience and set expectations for speakers and attendees.
Moderator: Greg Kamprath CMP, National Account Manager, IMS Technology Services, PCMA PHL Treasurer
Meredith Kaganovskiy, CMP, Associate Director – Annual Meeting, DIA
• How do you market a virtual meeting?
• How do you communicate the conversion to virtual meetings?
• How do you ensure the communications are integrated to the external audience?
Vendor Selection & Format
Mariellen Morris, Director of Conferences, Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R)
• How do you go about selecting a virtual vendor? How do you determine what your requirements are?
• What format should you have for your virtual meeting (on demand only, semi-live, live)?
• What resources do you need to execute your meeting?
Experience Design/Speaker & Attendee Preparedness
Brooke Passy, CMP, DES, Meeting Manager, Association Headquarters
• Now that you have gone virtual, how do you prepare your speakers?
• How do you effectively communicate with them to ensure they understand the virtual meeting?
• How do you keep the interaction between speakers and the audience going?
Session Two: Future Considerations for Meetings in 2021 and Beyond
Besides for just virtual meetings, 2020 has continued to challenge how we approach meetings in 2021 and beyond. As we are preparing for the future, how do we adjust to the new normal and integrate the new meetings landscape? More specifically, how do we make our meetings more diverse, equitable, and inclusive? What does the future meeting look like and how do we keep our attendees safe? What are some new legal considerations that we must consider?
• Describe how you can make your meetings more diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
• Discuss what the meetings of the future look like, especially around attendee health and safety.
• Analyze new legal considerations that we must consider as we are planning for future meetings.
Moderator: Bonnie Grant, Executive Director, PHL Life Sciences, PCMA PHL Board Member
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Greg DeShields, Executive Director, PHLDiversity Multicultural Affairs Congress
• How do you build a more inclusive meeting?
• How do you change the leadership of your planning committees?
• How do you define diversity, equity, and inclusivity?
Our Connected Future by Design
Anthony Vade, CED, Experience Architect, FMAV
• How do we plan meetings for in-person and remote attendees?
• How do we physically distance in a traditional meeting space?
Joshua L. Grimes, Esq., Attorney & President of Grimes Law Offices, LLC
• What to include in contracts for meetings that are being booked in the future?
• This meeting will take place virtually.
• Registration is required to attend Education Day.
• The registration fee for members is $30.00, and $50.00 for guests.
• Please register with the Chapter at this link, https://na.eventscloud.com/edday2020. After you register, you will receive an email with a link to access the virtual meeting. Please save the message in your calendar so you can easily join the meeting on September 10th.
• If you are a PCMA member, but not of the PHL chapter, please contact PCMA Membership at 877-827-7262 to add PHL to your membership. The cost to add an additional chapter to your membership is $30.00.
• If you would like to join PCMA, please click here for more information.
• Click here to see a list of who is registered.
• Questions? Contact Erica Keagy, PCMA PHL Administrator at email@example.com or 610-220-1232.
Thank you to our sponsors!