Where Are We Headed? Connecting on Hybrid Meeting Planning
May 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Join your colleagues for an interactive discussion on hybrid meeting planning. With many planners and suppliers working on hybrid meetings (in person and virtual) for the fall, and with the future trending in this direction, what’s needed for successful implementation of these events? What do we mean when we talk about “hybrid”? How do we keep people safe? What protocols will be in place/do we need to follow? What does the in-person and virtual presentation of content look like to attendees? How will budgets and registration fees change/be modified? During this midday break, we’ll start a conversation on this timely topic, with more programming to follow later in the year.
- 12:00 PM: Welcome/introductions
- 12:05 PM: White Paper/Case Study Presentation, Onsite Trends/Resources for F2F Meetings, Julie Smith, Senior Vice President, Exhibition Sales, GES; Chair, APEX COVID-19 Business Recovery Task Force
- 12:25 PM: Breakout groups (groups of 5-8 people will discuss three questions)
- 12:40 PM: Groups report back what they learned, questions that came up, etc.
- 12:55 PM: Wrap up/conclusions
Some of the breakout questions that will be discussed include the following:
- What does “hybrid” mean to you/your organization? How will you/would you implement hybrid regarding facilitation of in-person and online content?
- How are you adjusting registration fees/budgets to reflect hybrid meeting execution?
- What have been the challenges in planning a hybrid meeting so far?
- What safety protocols will you implement onsite?
- How are your managing exhibitors in a hybrid meeting?