- This event has passed.
Advocating for Our Industry – How We Can Make an Impact
October 22, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Our industry is oftentimes in the background, and the details of our jobs are mainly unknown. Meetings and events play a vital role within the global economy. As planners and suppliers, we need to learn to advocate on our behalf to local and national representatives to ensure we have a seat at the table when they’re determining legislation that impacts our industry.
1) Discuss the economic impact of our industry
2) Learn key ways to engage our local and national representatives
3) How to advocate for ourselves in other ways (using your network, using data within your position, utilizing CVBs for economic impact)
Manager, National Council Relations & ESTO
U.S. Travel Association
Senior Vice President, Convention Division
Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
Julie Smith, CEM, CTA
Senior Vice President, Exhibition Sales
Bios are available by clicking here and will be updated with more details soon.
4:15pm – 5:00pm | Social Hour
- This meeting will take place virtually.
- Registration is required to attend.
- We are asking for your support to “Pay What You Can”. Please help us cover some of the operating expenses it takes to keep PCMA PHL running. Any amount is appreciated, and your generous contribution will not be publicized. $1.00 is the minimum amount required.
- Registration is a two-part process. You first need to register with the Chapter at this link, https://na.eventscloud.com/oct222020. After you register, you will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom meeting on October 22.
- If you are a PCMA member, but not of the PHL chapter, please contact PCMA Membership at 877-827-7262 to add PHL to your membership. The cost to add an additional chapter to your membership is $30.00.
- If you would like to join PCMA, please click here for more information.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com or 610-220-1232.
Thank you to our event partner and sponsors!