- This event has passed.
2020 Chapter Retreat
July 14 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
Please join us for our annual Chapter Retreat!
This year’s event will take place virtually.
Agenda for Tuesday, July 14th:
1:00pm – 1:15pm Opening Remarks
1:15pm – 2:15pm Transforming You and Your Brand with Michael Goldberg
2:15pm – 2:35pm Chair Yoga with Kacie Corbitt, CMP, DES
2:35pm – 2:45pm Break
2:45pm – 3:45pm The Importance of Having a Job Search Strategy with Michael Goldberg
3:45pm – 4:00pm Community Service and Break
4:00pm – 4:15pm Comedian John “Johnny Mac” McMenamin
4:15pm – 6:00pm Social Hour, and Q&A with Michael Goldberg
Part 1: Transforming You and Your Brand
When is the last time you looked at your resume and LinkedIn profile and felt proud to show it off? Two branding tools to help you land your next role and most do not know where to start. No worries, Michael Goldberg, a career search strategist will show attendees the basics of what needs to be included in your resume and on your LinkedIn profile.
By the end of the session, you will know how to:
- Renovate your profile and resume
- Turn both into a magnet for opportunity
- Get your resume to the top of the pile and your profile noticed by recruiters
Part 2: The Importance of Having a Job Search Strategy
Is this your first job search in 5 years? 10 years? 20+ years? The job search and the way we go about networking, explaining our experience in story-like form, and understanding what you want in your next opportunity.
Michael will start with a short presentation on the importance of the job strategy and will then take your burning questions to help get you started.
Bio: Michael Goldberg is an influencer in the recruiting and job search world. Michael has over 25 years of recruiting leadership background including seven years as the Director of Talent Acquisition with Freeman.In 2017, Michael started Hiring Transformed, a recruiting consultancy focused on helping start-up to large organizations build talent functions to hire talent faster, smarter, and cheaper. Once the COVID-19 economy took over, his focus turned to help job seekers figure out their search strategy. His passion: Helping job seekers to think like recruiters to help them successfully land the job they want.
- Registration is required to attend the retreat.
- PCMA PHL wants to help our industry colleagues who would find the topics being discussed useful. Therefore, we are inviting guests to attend the Chapter Retreat who have attended previous PCMA PHL events.
- We are asking for your support to “Pay What You Can”. Please help us cover some of the operating costs it takes to keep PCMA PHL running. Any amount is appreciated, and your generous contribution will not be publicized. $1.00 is the minimum amount required.
- Registration will be a two-part process. You will first need to register with the Chapter at this link, https://na.eventscloud.com/retreat2020. At the end of this registration, you will receive a link to register in Zoom for access to the Retreat.
- If you are a PCMA member, but not of the PHL chapter, please contact PCMA Membership at 877-827-7262 to add PHL to your membership. The cost to add an additional chapter to your membership is $30.00.
- If you would like to join PCMA, please click here for more information.
- If you register and find that you cannot attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration. There are limited spots available for this event so please free up your spot if you can’t attend.
- Member attendees who live in the local Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware area are eligible for a free conference bag full of surprises. Several pickup points will be available. Stay tuned for details!
- Questions? Contact Erica Keagy, PCMA PHL Administrator at email@example.com or 610-220-1232.
- Click here to see a list of who is registered.